CHINESE INSTITUTE GENEVA FOUNDATION
2021 Switzerland HSK Announcement
Exam date: 5th December 2021 Sunday
Exam time: 9:00(HSK2,4,6) ; 13:30(HSK1,3,5)
Registration deadline: 4th November 2021
Arrival time on exam date: 8:30-8:50(HSK2,4,6); 13:00-13:20(HSK1,3,5)
Exam location: Ecole Moser Nyon, Avenue Reverdil 4-6, 1260 Nyon
Exam contents: HSK level 1 to 6 paper test
Area code: Switzerland 73504
Registration: Online registration only! Please register by your own via the link:
Online registration tips: For new users please first register for the website, then log in to proceed to exam registration. After successfully registering, you will receive a confirmation email.
Exam fees (including postage for the score report):
CHF 43 for Level 1
CHF 43 for Level 2
CHF 53 for Level 3
CHF 53 for Level 4
CHF 73 for Level 5
CHF 73 for Level 6
Payment: Please pay your exam fees via e-banking. Reference field should be inserted with HSK level and name of candidate. Only registration with confirmed payment will be issued with an admission ticket.
Banque Cantonale de Genève
Quai de l’lle 17
Case postale 2251, 1211 Genève 2
Account no. 5011.25.60
IBAN: CH44 0078 8000 0501 1256 0
Clearing no. 788
In favor of: Chinese Institute Geneva Foundation
Admission Ticket: As from 10 November 2021, Admission Ticket is available online. Please log on (to the same website as you registered) and print it out. It is your responsibility to have the Admission Ticket in paper.
Exam results: 30 days after the exam, the results will be available online. You may wish to log on to the same website to check. Results in paper will be posted to the address that was left along with your registration.
Important to know:
1. This exam does not contain oral test, but only written test.
2. On exam date all candidates are required to bring admission tickets, identity documents, 2B pencils, erasers, and other necessary exam supplies.
3. Please arrive in time to ensure a smooth exam process.
Contact person for the test center:
Chinese Institute Geneva Foundation (CIG)
Sun Zhimin, An Ruiping（email@example.com）
Chinese Institute Geneva Foundation
We adopt a holistic approach, which is designed to emphasize the development of communication skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing. We aim to develop confidence in using Chinese to communicate either orally or in written forms. We recommend students to participate in YCT (Youth Chinese Test), HSK (Chinese proficiency test for all age) and/or HSC (Heritage Chinese Language Proﬁciency Test for native speakers), which all provide official Chinese proficiency certificates. We are the only test center for YCT in French-speaking Switzerland,and one of the test centers in Switzerland for HSK， and the only test center for HSC in Switzerland (except the Bern region). We are also the ELCO member recognized by canton of Geneva. It means that we use public school benchmark for end of school year exams, and the result note is recognized by canton of Geneva.
International Diploma in Chinese
CHINESE INSTITUTE GENEVA FOUNDATION
Welcome to CIG - Director Mrs. Chu
CHINESE INSTITUTE GENEVA FOUNDATION
Chinese Institute Geneva Foundation (CIG) was established in 2008 in Geneva, Switzerland. It is a politically and religiously neutral non-profit foundation, recognized by the Swiss federal government and the cantonal government of Geneva. The main goals of CIG are to teach standard Mandarin, whilst to promote Chinese culture and incorporate cultural exchange. The founder is Mrs. Jun CHU, also the current director. At present CIG has 22 teachers and about 220 students. In 2017 CIG has been awarded the honorary title of “Chinese Education Model School” by the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council of China.
Lessons are adapted to various needs: there are classes for primary and secondary school students with Chinese as mother tongue or as a foreign language; classes for adults (including professional business language classes), preparatory classes for examinations, such as HSK (Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi) and YCT (Youth Chinese Test), and IB Chinese (International Baccalaureate). CIG also provides Chinese course to the International School of Geneva (LGB campus) and the Moser School (campuses in Geneva and Nyon). In order to introduce Chinese culture, CIG also organizes frequently events and activities, as well as cultural tours and summer camps to China.
Features of our Chinese lessons:
- Flexible curriculum: small class teaching with personalized service.
- Multiple teaching locations in Geneva, Nyon and Lausanne. According to the needs of students, we will continue to open more locations.
- Flexible schedule: class schedule can be adjusted according to the needs of different groups of students.
CIG is the only test center of YCT (Youth Chinese Test) in Switzerland, nominated by the NOCFL (in Chinese: Hanban - National Office for Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language). CIG manages and operates annually the YCT in Switzerland. In 2020 CIG also established an official cooperation with the Heritage Chinese Language Proﬁciency Test(HSC), which serves as a standardized examination worldwide for overseas Chinese teenagers.
In 2019 CIG had great honor to host the cultural exchange and performances for Davos Forum on “Davos Chinese and Foreign Entrepreneurs Exchange Night”, assisting Chinese state-owned enterprises to welcome more than 100 heads of Fortune 500 companies. In February 2019, CIG principal Mrs. Zhimin SUN was invited to participate in the live “Infrarouge” focus talk show at the Swiss national TV RTS Un (Radio Télévision Suisse). She introduced China's development from an objective perspective.
CIG attended annually the “Chinese Language Day” activities organized by the United Nations Geneva office at Palais des Nations. Year by year, CIG also took part in the Chinese Cultural Immersion Youth Camps and the International Student Summer Camps - Beijing.
On January 19th 2020, before the global outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, CIG exclusively organized a Chinese Spring Festival celebration, which became the largest and most influential Chinese community activity in the Geneva area. The Geneva Tourism Bureau and Chinese domestic newspaper "Economic Daily" reported on the scene.
After the outbreak of COVID-19 epidemic in China, CIG donated 21,000 medical facial masks to hospitals in Beijing, through the Beijing Returned Overseas Chinese Federation and the Chinese Language and Culture Education Foundation of China.
During the lock-down period in Switzerland, CIG kept delivering online Chinese courses to local students. In June 2020, principal Mrs. Zhimin SUN represented CIG at the 2nd Global Chinese Education Internet Teaching Seminar, and addressed the meeting as one of the keynote guests. She was also interviewed by the Swiss French-speaking national radio station Radio Lac, and made a statement against the discrimination against Chinese during the pandemic.
A. To carry out language and cultural activities in cooperation with the Embassy of China and local Swiss government and to continuously enhance CIG’s influence in Switzerland
- Since 2009, we have given presentations on Chinese culture to primary and secondary school students at the International School of Geneva.
- Since 2011, we have held a series of lectures to the public on Guzheng, Chinese tea art, Chinese films, Chinese calligraphy and tourism etc.
- In 2011, 2013, 2017 and 2020, we hosted Chinese New Year celebrations for our students, teachers and guests.
- In 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014 and 2015, we organized 5 sessions of "Talking about China, Knowing about China" themed culture event.
- Since 2012 we have been a qualified test center of YCT for French-speaking area in Switzerland (the only YCT test center in Switzerland since 2014).
- In 2017, as the only Chinese cultural community, CIG was invited by the Mayor of Geneva, Mr. Guillaume Barazzone to a brunch meeting prepared for multinational cultural communities in Geneva. Mr. Barazzone expressed his appreciation to the contribution of CIG to the promotion of Sino-Swiss cultural exchanges.
- In March 2017, CIG developed its own children’s choir. Our choir dedicated its first performance to the EMS Résidence de Saconnay, Geneva in June 2017, and performed officially at the 1st Swiss Chinese Culture and Tourism Festival in September 2017.
- In March 2018, CIG students participated in the Language Day event at the International School of Geneva. Our students showed their achievements in Chinese language learning through performances of recitation, songs and Chinese drama.
- In April 2018, CIG was invited by the United Nations Geneva office to the opening ceremony of the large-scale exhibition of Chinese Language and Culture “Charm of Chinese Culture: from Characters to Literature” at Palais des Nations. Speeches were given by Mr. Michael Møller, the Director-General of UN Geneva, and Mr. Jianhua Yu, China's Ambassador, Permanent Representative of the People’s Republic of China to the United Nations Office at Geneva and other international organizations in Switzerland. CIG participated in the opening with a group of 60 Swiss local high school students and adults.
- In June 2018, CIG co-organized the 2nd Swiss Chinese culture and tourism festival. In addition, we successfully planned and hosted Chinese festival activities for large local enterprises. At the request of Sino-Swiss joint ventures and Swiss local enterprises, we held a series of lectures on Chinese calligraphy and cultural differences between China and western countries. We also provide them long-term in-company Chinese courses.
- On 30th July 2018, CIG founder and director Mrs. Jun Chu was invited to the celebration activities at the Switzerland Embassy in Beijing. Mrs. Chu met with Ambassador Jean-Jacques de Dardel, and Mr. Erich James Hoesli, the senior advisor of Switzerland Embassy in Beijing. Mrs. Chu introduced the history of CIG in the past 10 years. Ambassador Jean-Jacques de Dardel also expressed his support for Sino-Swiss cultural exchanges.
- In January 2019, CIG had great honor to host the cultural exchange and performances for Davos Forum on “Davos Chinese and Foreign Entrepreneurs Exchange Night”, assisting Chinese state-owned enterprises to welcome more than 100 heads of Fortune 500 companies.
- In February 2019, CIG principal Mrs. Zhimin SUN was invited to participate in the live “Infrarouge” focus talk show at the Swiss national TV RTS Un (Radio Télévision Suisse). She introduced China's development from an objective perspective.
- In 2017, 2018, and 2019, CIG students participated in the "Chinese Language Day" activities at the United Nations Headquarters in Geneva. Since 2013, CIG has joined annually in the Chinese Cultural Immersion Youth Camps and the International Student Summer Camps - Beijing.
- On January 19th 2020, before the global outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, CIG exclusively organized a Chinese Spring Festival celebration, which became the largest and most influential Chinese community activity in the Geneva area. The Geneva Tourism Bureau and Chinese domestic newspaper "Economic Daily" reported on the scene.
- In 2020, CIG was interviewed by the Swiss French-speaking national radio station Radio Lac. We stood against the discrimination against Chinese during the pandemic.
- In September 2020, CIG director Mrs. Jun CHU was interviewed by the Chinese public opinion field (online forum) to talk about the pandemic prevention and control for the new school year in the fall of 2020.
B. To strengthen contact with Chinese educational departments and institutions
- Since 2009, CIG teachers have successively attended professional training programs provided by the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council of China, and received certificates for teachers of Chinese language. In 2020, we participated in several remote teacher-training courses and customized training courses.
- We successfully organized cultural tours to China during summer 2011 and spring vacation 2015.
- Since 2013 we have organized annually the Chinese Cultural Immersion Youth Camps for overseas Chinese as well as Beijing summer camps and Shanghai winter camp for international students.
- In January 2018, CIG founder and director Mrs. Jun CHU participated in the 2018 Spring Festival Gala for overseas Chinese in Hunan. Mrs. Chu was the one and only representative on behalf of more than 20000 overseas Chinese schools around the world.
- 26th April – 3rd May 2018, CIG successfully organized the teachers training project in Switzerland initiated by the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council of China. The lecturers group consists of 3 famous experts from China: Prof. Xiaolu Wang from Sichuan University, Prof. Ying Wan from Central China Normal University and Mrs. Jing Wang, President of the primary school sector of the middle school attached to Shandong University. The lecturers group provided a number of training sessions in Geneva, Bern and Nyon in 7 days. Nearly 100 overseas Chinese teachers from French and German speaking areas of Switzerland benefited from the trainings, which caused a sensation in the local society.
- In April 2019, CIG had the honor to invite Mr. Tiangang Gu, Director of the Beijing International Education Exchange (BIEE) Center, to visit us in Switzerland. We exchanged ideas and discussed on topics of internationalization of Chinese education, overseas Chinese teachers training and students summer camps, etc.
- In June 2019, CIG built a bridge for Sino-Swiss cultural exchange. With the coordination of CIG, Nyon high school principal Mr. Yves DELUZ and four vice principals hosted a delegation from China’s “double first-rate” universities led by Mr. Xiaolong LIU from the Confucius Institute Headquarters/HANBAN, Chinese Testing International. It involved 12 Chinese key universities and colleges such as Beijing University, Tsinghua University, Shanghai Jiaotong University and Beijing Normal University.
- From 2019 to 2020, we actively organized students to participate in the real scene remote classes and animation classes provided by the Chinese Language and Culture Education Foundation of China.
- During the summer vacation of 2020, we improved ourselves with customized "famous teacher lecture hall" remote training course through the platform of Chinese Language and Culture Education Foundation of China.
C. To strengthen contact with overseas Chinese education organizations
- In May 2017, CIG participated in the 7th Netherlands Mandarin Recitation/Speech Competition. Our student Lila Mansourian won 1st prize in the foreigners’ group.
- In April 2018, 16 CIG teachers paid an official visit to Dan Hua Culture & Education Centre in Rotterdam, one of the biggest Chinese schools in the Netherlands. Teachers from both schools exchanged experiences on teaching methods, class management and website designs, etc.
- CIG was selected by the Swiss Embassy in China, to work together with them for the selection of 2-3 candidates (aged 13 to 18 from Switzerland) to attend an autumn exchange program in Beijng (1st September to 30thNovember 2019). After several months’ selection, 2 students (Oscar Meng and Natalie Meiyun Wüst) were short-listed and finally admitted to the exchange program on behalf of CIG. They successfully completed their study in Beijing by the end of November 2019.
- In December 2019, CIG teachers visited the Little Panda Chinese School in Lyon, France, to exchange teaching experiences.
- From early 2020, CIG becomes the only Chinese teaching institution recognized by the Geneva cantonal government.
Info of CIG:
Director: Mrs. Jun CHU
Principal: Mrs. Zhimin SUN
Chinese Institute Geneva Foundation
Rue d'Italie 11
Chinese Institute Geneva Foundation 日内瓦华文教育基金会
Follow us on:
: Ciggeneva2019 ciggeneva
A registered non-profit foundation 瑞士联邦政府和日内瓦州政府注册的非营利机构
Three CIG teachers obtained the Certificate of Outstanding Trainee of the Chinese Language Teacher Quality Improvement Course
From April to June 2021,...